ZBrushCentral

Jose Alves da Silva's (aka Zeoyn) Sketchbook

In order to keep everything together I am creating a Sketchbook thread. I will post some of my previous work and all my future work using ZBrush in here! I hope you like it!

Le Rabbit

Mouse Love

The Boxing Kangaroo

Barrio Guy

Tequila Tatu - an Armadillo’s Alcohol Addiction

![Zeoyn_Sketchbook.jpg|110x60](upload://xwOhKKLUmc7BZsVLoABRR7Yy5BL.jpeg)![Le_Rabbit.jpg|625x1030](upload://i4eagSfNoG6E307S2ePplVw53iK.jpeg)![Mouse_Love.jpg|1100x798](upload://rWRrlM3ACm0FVruyH1ul9wAAyCF.jpeg)![Boxing_Kangaroo.jpg|803x1030](upload://fiFIv1PHIZstP5MWOqjmZ6IlaQF.jpeg)![Barrio_Guy.jpg|618x1030](upload://z2EcpR9srXj6NgEMKTgxZgSAKxB.jpeg)![Tequila_Tatu.jpg|1030x827](upload://2Mxgu73F9vxWeggwlpox0H9SFpP.jpeg)

Attachments

Mouse_Love.jpg

Here are the ZBrush sculptures used to create some of my images:

![Le_Rabbit_Zbrush.jpg|893x750](upload://gaDvZ4VFWtc174XdO2hMPhss5Rm.jpeg)![Boxing_Kangaroo_ZBrush.jpg|1100x640](upload://52xSNAzaRibJ2f8d6JMNOuoKglV.jpeg)![Mouse_Love_models.jpg|1100x682](upload://sL2ARD9OaIBcJaWXdbs3zL0dY4X.jpeg)![Barrio_Guy_ZBrush.jpg|1030x856](upload://vZ5sFMDIHU1j11gMVawbuon572w.jpeg)![Tequila_Tatu_ZBrush.jpg|1100x519](upload://l861sJBDiUGxJNcOQAWx2DRBpPe.jpeg)![WelderGirl_ZBrush.jpg|1100x817](upload://gjJH3nq9mkNkmAF9txBpwbc861p.jpeg)

Attachments

Boxing_Kangaroo_ZBrush.jpg

Mouse_Love_models.jpg

Tequila_Tatu_ZBrush.jpg

WelderGirl_ZBrush.jpg

Some turntable videos:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/21566187[/vv] <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/21551175[/vv] <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/21565655[/vv]

A small ZBrush Tip video I have made when I found the virtues of the Smooth Directional brush :smiley:

//youtu.be/Jb1_n1QtfL4

I know some of your work. Impressive stuff. I like it.

I like your style, your colors, your humor and, of course, the girl of the torch … Thanks for sharing these ideas so fresh … :+1: :+1: :+1:

Your from portugal aren’t you? i’ve seen some of your work before, glad your sharing some of it :slight_smile: The tequilla Tatu its awsome .
Respect

wow thats beautiful. love your turntables!

This is so awesome!:+1:
what did you use for render?

this is a top row thread of course.
Excellent work, clean shapes. Simplicity! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

excellent thread! love it all.

Awesome thread!!!
:+1: :+1: :+1:
Lemo

5 stars from me.
I think you should do a little tutorial on lighting and rendering. It will be really very helpful.

ehh.nice render

Hey José, great to see you here :slight_smile:

Awesome, awesome work you have here, it’s strange that you didn’t have a sketchbook before :smiley:
This thread will be inspirational, as a benchmark of the kind of work I’d like to achieve :wink:

Um abraço!

Your art adorns countless desktops as wallpaper! It’s famous. Great talent. 5 stars.

Hi!
Thanks a lot for all the nice comments! :smiley:

Answering some of the questions:
-Yes, I am from Portugal :slight_smile:
-All the images are rendered in 3DS Max with VRay, except for the Kangaroo which is rendered with Mental Ray.
-Regarding the lighting, if you go to my website www.artofjose.com in Goodies section under Tutorials you have links to some “making ofs” in which I also talk about the light. I also explain lighting in depth in the articles of the “Boxing Kangaroo” and the “Barrio Guy” which I have written for 3D Creative magazine, but those were contracted so I can not show them, you would have to buy the magazine, sorry. :slight_smile:

LBelerique> Hi bud! I should have made a sketchbook thread before. I have been posting stuff separately but from now on I will keep it all together. Abraço!

Here are some photos of the 3D Prints of the Barrio Guy and the Welder Girl:

![Barrio_Guy_3DPrint.jpg|1100x930](upload://xX0l7yYVTJMCAtfDhqPve3wRRCe.jpeg)![Barrio_Guy_3DPrint2.jpg|1100x878](upload://k97KtavfhNcXoRoEwDxxC4i3Yyy.jpeg)![WelderGirl_3DPrint.jpg|1100x896](upload://8beLzY4mc3Zut9gDjeHZbeQjd65.jpeg)![ZBC1.jpg|110x60](upload://dPlJG9qUUMh44qSEr693ipYniDm.jpeg)

Attachments

Barrio_Guy_3DPrint.jpg

Barrio_Guy_3DPrint2.jpg

WelderGirl_3DPrint.jpg

Looks awesome. Its cool how they stand on their own. They must of set you back a bit, they look pretty big.

They are not that big (it is about 1/10th scale) Barrio Guy is 15 cm and the Welder Girl is about 17 cm. I would love to have those at 1/6th :slight_smile: