ZBrushCentral

Darbeenbo's Sketchbook

Allright, so I’m new here, although I’ve been lurking around here for quite some time and getting inspiration. I don’t really have much to show yet, but I plan on changing that in the next few months.

I don't really know much about rendering and compositing, but here's what I've got for my first human bust: [celebBustShot01.jpg[/attach]-->%3C/font%3E"]<!--[attach=245349]celebBustShot01.jpg[/attach]-->](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E<!--[attach=245349) [celebBustShot02.jpg[/attach]-->%3C/font%3E"]<!--[attach=245350]celebBustShot02.jpg[/attach]-->](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E<!--[attach=245350) [celebBustShot03.jpg[/attach]-->%3C/font%3E"]<!--[attach=245351]celebBustShot03.jpg[/attach]-->](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E<!--[attach=245351)

I also had a question concerning a current character that I’m working on for Dominance War V, and I figured this would be the place to ask it. I’m planning on having both the front and back side of the wings use the same UV space, so I wanted the front and back of the wing to be symmetrical along the z axis. However, as I’ve illustrated in the image, there is a point where they won’t be z symmetrical, and I want save a mask or something to keep the point beyond them symmetrical.

TLDR; Is there an easy way to save a selection in zbrush?

![celebBustShot01.jpg|590x563](upload://wAZoz7k7TxTrOQWL8TBl6drpLyx.jpeg)![celebBustShot02.jpg|590x563](upload://hbSmPm304nzpoHEE8no2DukhFTV.jpeg)![celebBustShot03.jpg|590x563](upload://gEdtVS5Tkvg8tPFo2Abq8pWxgye.jpeg)![baseMeshWip4.jpg|778x1024](upload://eSVh2By8jGE9LxMCMpi5G1hqwAx.jpeg)

The bust is excellent. No critiques there! :slight_smile:

Hello all! It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted here, but here is some work from januaryish through the end of april. I’m proud to show off my first 3d character that I’ve created from a z-brush sculpt, prompted on by the Dominance war.

domwarzbrush17.jpg
constructionSheet.jpg
BeautyShot.jpg
conceptSheet.jpg
textureSheet.jpg
bustZSculpt.jpg
bustBeautyShot.jpg
fatass.jpg

Attachments

domwarzbrush17.jpg

constructionSheet.jpg

BeautyShot.jpg

conceptSheet.jpg

textureSheet.jpg

I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in the d3d Zbrush sculpting competition at the Montreal International Game Summit earlier today. We had 3 hours to sculpt a ‘Time Bandit’ and were judged upon creativity, quality of the sculpt, and the use of ZB4R2’s new features. While I unfortunately did not place, I still had a lot of fun creating this guy, and it was good practice. I used dyna-mesh, insert cylinder, and the curve tube brush quite often.

timeBandit2.jpg
timeBandit.jpg

Attachments

timeBandit.jpg

timeBandit2.jpg

Here is a real-time prop that I’ve made with the help of zbrush:

benchHiPolyFull.jpgbenchLowPolyFull.jpgbenchTexturesFull.jpgbenchLowPolyWiresFull.jpg

Attachments

benchHiPolyFull.jpg

benchLowPolyFull.jpg

benchLowPolyWiresFull.jpg

benchTexturesFull.jpg

Here are a few quickies.

BullFace.jpgRhino.jpgRatSculpt.jpgMosqueets.jpg

Attachments

Rhino.jpg

Here is the possible first in what may become a series of speed sculpts based on Hotline Miami masks.

PigMask.jpg

Another hotline miami mask!

BunnyMask.jpg

Great work on these animal faces.

Number 3 in the Hotline Miami mask series. Rufus, the elephant.

ElephantMask.jpg

Weendingle.jpg
Slugula.jpg
NerbleBlerg.jpg

<svg version=“1.1” baseProfile=“full” xmlns=“http://www.w3.org/2000/svg” style=“height: 0; width: 0; position: fixed”> <filter id=“bpm-darkle”> <feColorMatrix in=“SourceGraphic” type=“hueRotate” values=“180”></feColorMatrix> </filter> <filter id=“bpm-invert”> <feColorMatrix in=“SourceGraphic” type=“matrix” values=" -1 0 0 0 1 0 -1 0 0 1 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0"></feColorMatrix> </filter> </svg>That second one is a really incredible abstract study of femininity and age. I gawped at the first pink face a bit but I stared at the second one… very deep… not sure if the message was intended, but it expressed it all the same.

Messing with compositing

SilenceComposite.jpg

Attachments

SilenceComposite.jpg

FlubbyBunny.jpg

Attachments

FlubbyBunny.jpg

Cow_HP.jpg

Attachments

Cow_HP.jpg