ZBrushCentral

Tutorial: Photoshop and ZBrush

Greetings!

This fun little tutorial takes you step by step through the process of building graphics using a combination of Photoshop and ZBrush.

Either program by itself could create the Media Player skin shown above. ZBrush is a fully 2.5D program, but it can be tricky creating specific geometric designs. Photoshop can fake 2.5D, but it takes a lot of steps and work. However, the techniques shown in this tutorial draw upon the best of both programs to produce results in no time flat.

As for the versatility of what you can do, my Legendary Armor textures and my website were also created using many of these techniques.

The tutorial is 16 pages in PDF format, and is fully illustrated. Total size is 430KB – sorry about that, but I wanted the illustrations to be good ones.

:b4: :b4: :b4: [ZBrush/Photoshop Tutorial](http://www.aurickle.com/downloads/PhotoshopTutorial.pdf) :b4: :b4: :b4:

Happy ZBrushing!

Nice skin. :slight_smile:

Here’s one of my latest for another mod music disk frontend.

Borders and skull were done in ZBrush. The head on there was an afterthought to balance the text a little. I just cut and pasted from the cover art (didn’t do that).

Gonna take a look at your tut and see if there’s something new I’ve never considered. :smiley:

Thanks, Aurick, your tutorials are always most welcome. And I didn’t know that was you that created those armor textures. Nice stuff!

Kevin

Thannks Aurick. T am sure that this will be put to good use.

Thankx aurick. I love creating interfaces…
:+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:
Thankx again… :slight_smile:

Oh this is great! I’ve watched the zscript of when you made your site graphics, and still didn’t see how… now I can! Thanks so much… but… sniff sniff I only have psp! But maybe I can still learn something from this… I hope, my website is non-existant since I started playing with zbrush… LOL

That looks really interesting Aurick for all sorts of applications.

I have used psp for years although hubby bought photoshop for me I can’t get comfortable with it. Though I find most things translate well to psp. ~s~

Here is my first try at creating an interface in Zbrush…
90% of this image was done using ZBrush and 10% using Photoshop…

*I found it very easy to give a solid look to the interface using ZBrush and also the metalic look can be easily created in ZB… :slight_smile:

Enjoy

wow matt thanks for the cool step by step… could use alot more of these kind of pdfs…thanks again.