Blend Shapes are a key element to animating models in Maya and ZBrush provides a powerful method for creating them. Now, Blend Shapes Export takes this to the next level by allowing you to easily convert sculpted layers in ZBrush into blend shapes for Maya 2008 and above.
- Allows you to build blendshapes inside ZBrush using 3D Layers.
- Layers are automatically transferred directly to Maya.
- Multiple layers and multiple SubTools can be used as desired.
- Quickly see how your blendshapes perform in Maya.
- Layer names you assign in ZBrush become blendshape names in Maya.
This plugin requires ZBrush 4.
- Quit ZBrush
- Download the latest version of Blend Shapes Export from the Download Center.
- Extract the zip file in a temporary folder.
- Copy the BlendShapesExport_4.zsc to your ZPlugs folder. With a default Mac installation this will be in /Applications/ZBrush 4 OSX/ZStartup/ZPlugs. With a default PC installation this will be C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush4\ZStartup\ZPlugs.
- Also copy the BlendShapesData folder and its contents to the ZPlugs folder.
- Launch ZBrush.
- Open the Zplugin palette where you will find the Maya Blend Shapes menu, containing the plugin buttons.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: I don't see Maya Blend Shapes in the Zplugin palette.
A: Check that you installed the plugin correctly.
© 2010-2011 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.