Default Space filler.

Some rendering tests within zbrush . The "shots" are touched up with some lighting and atmospherics in PS .
    The last four are straight renders out of zbrush with no touch up just to see how much I can get without touching the image in post . These are all practice for a larger project in which I plan to use zbrush extensively .I started the models in modo but quickly went to zbrush with raw base meshes . The character is the alien from the first post I made .

I'm really starting to enjoy rendering from within zbrush .
    Last edited by SIM-R; 07-06-12 at 10:30 AM.

Senior Member User Gallery

Great look!

Really a pity that this is just for stils...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Rupert View Post
    Great look!

Really a pity that this is just for stils...

Really nice of you to say ! It would be fun to do something more with this for sure . I might at some point .

First four frames like a stroy line - very cool
    My Sketchbook - please visit and leave me some C&C to help me immprove myself

Thanks - I've been sketching with this guy for a while and using him to learn zbrush a bit more thoroughly . Maybe I'll post some more .
    Cheers .

Default Enviro experiments.

Some Enviro experiments for a rather large personal project . 60 - 70 % in zbrush (Rocks and main land forms in zbrush - Backdrop and fog etc added in Photoshop . )
    The previous smaller experiments helped in getting to grips with the lighting in zbrush . Tricky .... but I am determined to get it .

Absolutely beautiful.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

User Gallery

love the sense of scale in those two pieces. very cool

Thanks guys . Glad you like .

Default Long time no update......

Slowly,very slowly, chipping away at this project that I have had for a long time. I have decided that rather than wait until the project is completely finished it might be fun to actually share process and thoughts, rough sketches and ideas as I go along. I hope those that enjoy this type of thing can join me on this trip and that I don't bore them to death on the way to the final destination.

This will be at the very least a digital comic book with many panels all in a wide-screen aspect ratio.
    Since I work in that 2.40 ratio all day ( I'm a concept artist ) I thought it would be fun to make it as cinematic as possible . I won't bore you with the project details just yet ( names etc) but I will say that the plan is to have quite a few short stories with this character.

The images here represent design choices for the first episode. I hope you don't mind looking at roughs because as you can see from the work below I will be posting rough layouts without any decent lighting, atmospheric details and often times placeholder textures. I hope to post thumbnails also, so some 2d work might be here from time to time as well. Although since this forum is understandably mainly for Zbrush I should and probably will post that on my blog .

This is not in anyway meant to be "pure" 3d work and by all means I will take shortcuts that many purists will definitely be offended by. I'm a conceptual designer/ visdev artist and in no way am I going to pretend to have the skills of a production modeler. Strong composition and bold imagery are the goal.

Without getting into specifics of dialogue etc, the basic action path of this episode is that of a character that goes to a planet where he is nearly swallowed/ eaten by a giant Grub/ maggot . I'll spare you the details for later.

All concept sculpts are done in zbrush. All environment concepts are done in Zbrush also. I'll post some Z stuff also.
    Retopo was Modo. I rigged the character in Modo for posing and plan on rendering in modo. I had planned on rendering in zbrush and indeed may render some parts for compositing there, but the bulk of rendering will be modo. Photoshop will be for painting and atmospherics/ compositing.

Anyway, enough blathering. These are all experimental W.I.P and also some are rough layout.

More soon.

Default Long time no update part 2

Some more images of the Grub/ maggot that bursts out of the ground. First two are look dev for the giant maggot itself.
    The others - very,very rough layout images. VERY rough.

More soon .

Rough layouts with an indication of scale with the character from the post above standing just in front of the gaping jaws of the maggot.

User Gallery

man.. i really like these man .. nice.. how were you doing the transparencey in zb?
    http://shadowship.blogspot.com/

older galleries: http://pushinpixals.blogspot.co.uk/

http://tyrellcorp.cghub.com/images/

a whoosh and twinkle is better than a sizzle and splat

Quote Originally Posted by tyrellcorp View Post
    man.. i really like these man .. nice.. how were you doing the transparencey in zb?
    Thanks ! The transparency was achieved outside of zbrush in modo.

Default Update.

Some more updates. The planet he visits and eventually nearly gets eaten on was moddeled in zbrush using fibermesh and simple forms. The debris around the planet was sculpted in zbrush and a prototype and duplicated many times with replicators in modo. The next image is just a rough comp done quicly with rendered elements in photoshop. Also, some facial expressions of the main character. Again- the character was sculpted in zbrush and rigged/posed in modo. Just testing what I can do with the face at this point . Honestly not too sure how much more of this project to post here as all the rendering will be done in modo, but since the sculpting and a large chunk of moddeling and texturing was done in zbrush I thought it might be fun to post here.

Cheers.

Member User Gallery

So much character! I love this stuff!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast