Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Oh, sorry, looks like I read your message inattentively. Especially considering that the SSS shader is more complex than eyes, I thought you were asking about the skin settings. Again, right now I'm rather in front of my laptop and cannot post screenshot immediately. But as far as I can remember the setup is very basic. The only complexity I've encountered when working with it is that with caustics turned off refractive objects have some problems with shadows so I was using this trick with Light Path node to set the shadow and camera rays separately. But I believe you already familiar with this stuff. The eye consists from 2 separate objects: simple eyeball I was using in Zbrush and a sphere with bump for iris representing the outer cornea. The Cornea mesh has refractive shader with IOR close to water and additional shading network to resolve the shadow issue I was talking before. The eyeball doesn't even have SSS assigned. Just a diffuse node mixed with very faint and soft reflection to give it some volume. I should admit that my lighting was kinda dull so I post-processed the render quite a lot. And when it comes to eyes, I often like to do this trick: make a duplicate of the render, assign Black and white adjustment layer on top of it and select "Inflated" preset, erase everything except the irises and set the layer as Overlay or Soft-light with low opacity. It makes the eyes much deeper. Oh, and also I should say that I'm exaggerating the form of the iris. Judging by medical diagrams it is very close to be flat, but I like to recess the pupil, making the overall for of iris concave. This gives very nice but subtle shadowing in the upper part while the lower one catches some additional light.

Thanks a lot. I will definitely test it. I took just a quick glance on Branched PT when testing my current project. It is nice to have all this settings for different components, especially for SSS. Though I also realized that some of my reflections (sun light and sharp spec on sweaty skin) are looking different or just disappear. I see there is Mesh Light sampling, but nothing for regular lamps. It was surprising, but I believe I will figure out what was causing it if i spend more time testing it.

In Branched PT all lights has separate sampling. Render time is a little longer but better result can be achieved with a less amount of samples. In eyes I often use LightPath node, that allow me disable most noise generated by white glass. I still looking for good solution for making eyes, besides shader I try to understand how correct make good mesh for iris and cornea. That's why I ask You for any advice in that matter.

Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences

Yeah, I've seen many different ways to model the eye. Personally I'm not really concerned about making it 100% right and as in real life. My goal is to make pretty images and not medical diagrams, lol
    So I checked my shader and yeah, it is exactly as I said before. The only thing worth to mention is that reflectivity roughness isn't 0, but 0.02 or so. I found that sun light sometimes reflects strangely when there is no roughness at all.
    BTW I just found there is no way to disable a light to affect SSS component. In Ray visibility tab it is possible to limit the influence of light onto diffuse or glossy, but nothing about subsurface scattering. That's strange and unfortunate. I was planning to use fake lights and add some sheen to her body.

And here is just a quick test. I'm too lazy to finish the sculpt right now so I'm playing with shaders instead. The bottom part is still badly textured. Plus I don't like her arms. They are too short. When she was a centaur it was hard to set the right proportions of them without having a whole human torso. So I need to make them thicker. Reflectivity is way too strong on the grazing angles. Here are two of them: natural wetness of the skin and a layer of sweat/water. To be honest, reflectivity is the hardest thing in skin shader. SSS effect is really easy to setup. But when it comes to reflections... I did so many skin-shaders already and I still don't know what are the proper values for reflectivity. Even don't know is it OK that with every new project I'm forced to tweak the parameters a lot, since with every new lighting scenario my previous setup doesn't work very well.

That's right in cycles you don't have light linking. Each light affect whole scene, ofcourse you may use light blocker and switch light ray to disabled via LightPath Node and Transparent depth but I preffer using fake matcap on skin shader. From this (http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...les-with-nodes) use matcap created and grabbed from ZBrush and add to your shader group or create separate layer with this material assigned to the body and post compose all passes in PS/AE or Blender. Matcap render in blender VERY VERY FAST.
    If You want I may send you PM with Arnold shader ported to cycles. At this moment this shader is modified, renamed and available only on BlenderMarket Cycles Arnold Shader had two spectular layer and results are much better. The problem is You must have 3 different SSS maps for this o.0, and this ofcourse affect render times. IMO I preffer use matcaps, even 2 - 3 additional pass - it's still much faster and give You more control in compositing

In this render foot definitely has too much reflections, You may consider making spectacular weight map for control this.
    Ive look at this image for so long from technical point of view, that almost forgot to say: She looks VERY HOT

That's nice to know it is possible to export matcaps from Zbrush and use them in Blender. I often like to experiment with my lighting in Zbrush first since it gives me the instant feedback. And only then I'm taking the most favorite lighting scenario and trying to recreate it in primary rendering engine (mental ray before, Cycles now). So it would be cool to play with lightcap, than bake it and export to Cycles.
    Sure it would be interesting to investigate the shader you are talking about. However I think that days with three layered skin (epidermal, subdermal and unscattered diffuse) are in my past. I still remember old days when working with misss_fast_skin in mental. It was a nightmare to be honest. So much efforts just to find a proper tone for the skin. I really like the ability to do a quick polypaint in Zbrush and see my actual colors for skin. I can do some renders with BPR (I like the way how it renders), then export it to Blender and render without any problems as well.
    Yes, as I said the reflectivity is way too strong. It is more obvious on the feet simply because their upper plane is close to be what we call a grazing angle. I already toned them down. Plus she definitely needs a proper reflection and gloss maps. Or instead of second layer of reflectivity I might try to play with simulations and cover her body with real water-drops (need to learn more how different liquids affecting the body)
    Thanks I find her very hot too! I did a lot of 3D girl before and finally I feel more or less satisfied with the result.

Cropped the image to avoid mature tag. Still not sure but according to the warning I've received showing boobs is OK, only genitals should be hidden under the spoiler.
    And here is yet another test render to check the wet look, procedural bump and script for placing water drops. Script is kinda OK and might be good for filling the space, but the main drops and trails I will make manually. And they are still badly integrated right now. They need at least some shadows. Procedural bumps on her skin are looking good in several places but I definitely should make handpainted mask since micro-structure of the skin changes a lot depending on the part of the body. For now lets consider she feels cold.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Impressive progress, I like how the water drops placing, it feels natural on the skin (maybe you should add more drops) but the skin still need more work in the last shot it looks like a wax doll, maybe because of your light setup because the full body looks more realistic.

beautiful leather texture, for the sensation of cold, a little Fibermesh, congratulations

NB-DanTE
    Hi! Nice to see you here on ZBC!
    Yeah, she feels more plasticky or waxy in this shot. I believe this is due to the special lighting and a bit increased reflectivity to resemble the oiled look. Cause other values in shader are remaining the same from my previous shots. And also maybe because she isn't detailed enough (not a final displacement, no normal map, very generic procedural bumps, no spec and gloss maps).
    But for the sake of justice I should admit that I've seen a lot of photos with similar lighting (low diffuse but high glossy contribution) where real girls were also looking a bit artificial and dollish. Though maybe it is just because photographers Photoshopped their photos a lot later.
    PS The main problem with water drops is that script just takes some already prepared shapes and randomly scatters them around the mesh. The amount of this shapes is limited so with higher density of drops the repetition becomes very obvious. Next time I will do them manually whether by sculpting them, generating with simulations or scattering with particle system.

PFC666
    Thanks man!
    Yes, I feel a strong desire to place some peach fuzz in her body. Cause this bumps looks like a goosebumps and we naturally expect to see some hairs sticking out from them. Although for now I don't know if it is possible to make this procedural texture dictate the exact placement for hairs. In my previous project where she was a centaur it was much more easier to add fuzz. But hey, I was talking about native hair system in Blender... maybe I could bake this texture responsible for bumps, export it to Zbrush, convert to mask and play with Fibermesh. Thanks, you gave me a nice idea

COMBO BREAKER!
    After the long chain of nude cuties I decided to sculpt something disgusting and freaky. Two hour sculpt of something creepy and maybe blood sucking. I like this guy so probably I will develop him further

I like more the 171 post, sorry: : D

Lol, this guy simply wants some hugs
    PS And as always, thanks, man!

Started working with a new pose. And ouch, it is really hard. I didn't found good references with similar pose (regardless my huge library). So for the most part I'm sculpting from memory... again. From this angle it looks more or less OK, however I have real troubles with buttocks area: her right thigh is very stretched and her left one, in addition, is twisted, so final volumes differ a lot compare to the anatomical (rest) pose. Cropped the image cause after the posing the whole mesh was really distorted in many places and I didn't even touch the upper part yet. Fingers should be grounded, but it is very hard to make everything aligned and touching the ground while keeping the pose exactly how I want. For example, I already have my favorite camera angle, but if I try to lower her arm, the navel become hidden behind it... but I really want her belly button to be visible. But looks like I have a nice solution. In the final render I can make her sitting not on the rigid floor but rather on something soft like a bed, so I could vary the height of places where her body touches it.
    Obviously, her right breast doesn't interact with the arm which is pushing it. I'll fix it more close to the end.
    So please, if someone have any suggestions - I would be glad to hear them.

Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences

Hi Vir, your sculpting is great as usual but...

For exemple this model doesn't have an extrem pose but still doesn't have that space like you did http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...an-d7hp3ux.jpg
    and this something very similar to the pose you did http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...an-d5x8vh8.jpg
    for the rest i can talk since you're going to put here on a soft surface. hope it's a useful Remark even it's nothing for sure there is more to fix but still you did a good job
    PS: fix the right boob

Oh, yes, this thigh fold is a real headache for me. When I did a quick posing the mesh collapsed upon itself so there are a lot of inner penetrations as well. And surprisingly it is very tricky to fix it inside of Zbrush without destroying everything nearby (Zbrush might act really weird when it comes to working with mesh borders. penetrations, different normal orientation etc). Plus since this is a place where a lot of compression happens, I got not very good topology to work with: a bunch of compacted and elongated polygons. This means that Smooth brush will not resolve the issue. Don't worry, I'm aware of this problem. Eventually I will do partial retopology and make everything pretty. Thanks for your comment and taking your time to illustrate your point, I really appreciate it.
    BTW The girl from a first link is a famous Ukrainian model. Love her body a lot, very gorgeous forms.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141521 ... LastLast