Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hide everything but the polygons attached to that edge, crease>remove crease

hope this helps.
    beta_channel
    Portfolio
    Available for Freelance

Default Un-creasing one edge

Beta_channel: wont that un-crease all the other edges on that face too?

Anyway, found a solution my self after experimenting. zBrush has this function to crease and un-crease with polygroups ofc. So actually your workflow could very well be to make polygroups for creasing all together from the beginning. But anyway, here is how you un-crease in this situation. Make note that this example would be easier to just un-crease all and crease the faces again, but that might not be the case with other situations where the creasing extends to a bigger more complex area.

Great work Dancuka! I'm wondering about the step after you have your helmet modeled and finished - what the process is to take it into something like 3dsmax is and render it or want to bring it into Marmoset?
    - Would you group all of your polygroups together after you have retopo'd and uv'd them in zbrush, delete lower sub-D's and export that as a highrez obj?
    - do you retopo in zbrush - detail it out how you want - then bring in low rez mesh to something like 3dsmax and bake normals from the super highrez you made in zbrush? Then you can

Any insight into the process would be great! Keep up the awesome posts too!

Cheers

wow! thanks for taking the time to figure that creasing problem out! That will be a big help to a lot of people I'm sure.

Thx for the comments!
    Yes, so the plan is to make this game-res also in the end. As for the workflow, I'll make some steps posted here probably too. But in a nutshell the plan is to make a "lowpoly" version of this with UV:s and then render it realtime in Marmoset2. Im gonna retopo in Blender, it has some really robust tools for that. Blender is my main program for 3D besides sculpting anyway and I use it at work too. Im gonna keep the final res of the retopo quite high still so that the quality stays as good as possible. Modern engines can run a significant amount of polys these days anyway The final hires is going to be for projecting normals and other maps. I could also make some other renders with it in Keyshot for example I guess but without textures, just to showecase the final sculpt.

Looking forward to the final piece - and if you get around to any of the work flow explanation, that would be super kind. If not thanks again for what you have already done!

Default Update

Just a small update on the helmet again. Man, progress is kinda slow, dont have too much time to work on presonal projects these days :/ but I need to get this done and test the new Quixel Suite that went beta a couple of days ago! It looks so sweet ~

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Awesome

Great work man! I love the shape edges, I'd love to get some feedback on how you got everything so damn clean looking?

Hi! Sorry for not replying sooner! Didn't get notified for some reason from the thread but anyway, to answer your question: Some of the techniques I already posted on the previous pages so check them out. Basically its clean topology and using crease with high-subdiv Not like I invented this or anything but check the images I posted before with some of the workflow. Hope they help!

Long time no post. Had a little brake from this project during my vacation but finally picked this back up and finished the high-poly sculpt just recently. Now the thing with this one is that I plan to make a lot more details like screws, bolts, holes etc. BUT I'll do them in nDo because it saves a lot of time and polygons. I could sculpt them but that would take a lot more time and it would require a huge amount of polys to make them perfectly smooth. If I add them in nDo i can rearrange and concept them with 100% freedom and change stuff if I want to later on. They are also 100% pixel accurate and dont rely on the resolution of the sculpt ofc, only on the resolution of my normalmap. So here is the sculpt that is for baking the maps later on. I already started to model my lowpolymesh and it should be done shortly.

Ok time to wrap this helmet up. Here is the final game-model rendered in Marmoset2. Final polycount is 4930 triangles. Did the retopology in Blender and Textured with Quixel Suite.
    Go check out it in Artstation also: http://www.artstation.com/artwork/cy...-surface-study

I can do some brakedown steps later if someone is interested. Pretty basic stuff after sculpt: retopo, uv, bake maps, texture and render

Hi y'all.
    After all that hard-surface stuff I decided to do something different and started a new character. Darksiders 2 fanart-ish stuff to be exact.
    Its Stonewarden from the game, not the exact copy but something similar. Love the stylized look and the art-direction of this game ^^ So here is the first WIP image.
    Rough blocking in most areas like the roots and some other rocks. Plan to make this a game-model as aways

So the highpoly is pretty much done now. Next retopo and texturing :U

Amazing work man !
    You can find me on Behance .. http://www.behance.net/TomatoVFX

TomatoVFX

Thanks Tomato! Love you fold-brushes btw! Super useful!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast