Default Armor WIP tips are welcome

I've been working on this armor in Zbrush. Now I want to create a game mesh of it. Now I need some tips. What I did so far is create several parts for animation later. So the shoulders are not attached and so on, the body armor is one piece. However the armor is build up in several dynamesh pieces. I am having trouble to get the projection right so I figured I need to devide the pieces and make lo res meshes for all the parts but I am not sure if that is desirable for use in game. What is the best workflow? Tips are welcome.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice looks clean!
    https://www.artstation.com/maximusin3d

"There is no tomorrow!"
    -Apollo Creed

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

If your aim is to grab the detail of multiple pieces to be used on a single in-game mesh, I'd recommend not messing around with Zbrush's projection method all together. As you've probably noticed, it can get messy leaving you lots to correct. What I'd do is build and map your intended in-game mesh and use xNormal to do your bakes. That way you still keep your pieces separate when you design them and take full advantage of their shapes.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher