Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    in my eremit cave somewhere in the deep woods of krautland

mmh fibermeshing hair aint easy hehe, i admit it!

eyes, lids and skin, etc are still upgradable too i think -.-
    anyway...

thy allmighty unicorn!

since it was easter, now its april with its funky weather, bunnies, fibermeshes and all...

beware "the Cyclope Of April"

edit:
    uhm, hes not wearing pants, but hes quite furry, i hope that ok to not mark as mature content :O
    hes known to be an indescent one but id hate having to force him into pants, just lemme know if he snatches your panties or something else sinister

been working on my head sculpting skills a bit and this one aint done yet by far, but thought i post a basic comp, standard light and all

current thoughts:

-i think the iris is still a bit large maybe, and eyes in general still feel a bit artificial

-the hair... ouch... were supposed to be locks lol, not that easy to style,
    i divided it into polygroups like sidebuns,pony,etc to make it a bit easier but the nice twisting i get from the fibermesh modifier sadly gets lost after a few strong groom brushes to form the tails

-maybe shouldnt use Zappa as a reference, he has such a weirdly elongated face that looks like a madly laughing figure from a weird dream, but a great moustache and fancy hair!

-skin feels too clean still even tho he's young and doesnt have many wrinkles yet mmmh, looks good really close up tho -.- maybe the polypaint will fix that a bit but i doubt it will be enough

-fibermeshes seem to produce bad shadows on standard render settings if thin and lonely, see underneath right eye, could be due to resolution tho (1500p)

-i like the moustache and eyelashes, eyelids and lips have improved too i think

Video

turntables of some of my more rescent models:

http://youtu.be/eSC_j1RQVgE

experimenting with the creation of Wallpanels from alpha pictures created as vector graphics

A02

so i made more wallpanels by simply using marvellously sophisticated vector graphics as masks,
    and used them to create a box, is that sweet or what?
    everyone needs boxes,
    to put stuff in them,
    or ontop of them,
    you can stack boxes,
    they wont roll away and have sexy 90° angles,
    boxes rule dont you dare say otherwise.

Very nice! Definitely saves a ton of time from having to poly model such complex details.

And yes, I'm a big fan of boxes myself.

Impractical High Tech Gaming Multimedia Boxes

Default turbodrone

After alot of sweaty scientist's work in the Orphitecktion Labs, here it is, the first prototype for the turbodrone, gone are the days of boring minicopters, jet engines are all the hype now.
    And to be organicly responsible we added solar cells instead of fuel cells, why burn oil if you can just harvest the sun's fiery powers directly.

full ZBrush model and render with some photoshop layer magic

primitives, slice brushes, polygroup vodoo, low poly work

a very simple sculpt, "Duality"

i'm mostly busy doing photography and graphics atm but oh look, i found an old helmet model!

ZModeler and geometrical, quadrificational, meditation practice,
    in the context of protective head armorfication for use on the famous Hyperbike tracks on Helios-9F.

thought helmets are cubical enough to do some high detail sculpting finally, but oh dear...
    no way... at 14mil polies its still jagged and pixely, next step undoable for my mashine obviously, so ya... ZModeler saves the day

one continuous mesh done by: Dynamesh - Retopo to very low poly - ZModeller - Polygroups/creased edges/points - subD - uncrease all for final subD
    finer detail like srewholes done in a higher subD but still ZModelled

must admit it was starting to get confusing thou, its really annoying to spend half an hour on some corner of the model just to realize later,
    that you accidently clicked the wrong poly at some point and deleted the other end of the model.

certain shapes, like hard edged extrusions also create problems for the subD algorythm,
    it tries to smooth the non hard edges surface and slowly pushes it underneath (or over) the corners of the hard edged object,
    if you dont crease its corner points which then leads to a hard crease on the edges connected to that point.

i also missed a feature to select a few edges directly without polygrouping/masking/hiding,
    like for example i can select stuff with the curve function, which however seems rather pointless tbh,
    so i may apply changes directly only to certain edges and not full loops or single edges,
    most of the time i had to add full loops and delete what i didnt need

edit:
    it would also be nice to be able to have different states of polygrouping, one for modelling where sides of hard egded objects are seperate groups and another state for polypainting where all parts of one object could be one group

edit 2:
    and i still miss a feature very much which lets me remove all polypaint and material info and reset the polypainting state of the model back to default where i can just change colour and material and see whats happening without having to click "fill all"...
    and no, the flat material just removes material info not polypainting
    (the flat mat actually is what i use for glowing stuff etc since it doesnt get affected by light, flat white and the rest fully black works well)

anyway, new helmet:

a bunch of 30 minutes or so concepting sketches to find shapes, volumes and nice ideas,
    plain brainstorming in 3d rather than 2d on paper

"the pen subconciously follows your dreams for the most part until you see a shape or form, a line or edge that you like"

make a basemodel,
    duplicate a few times,
    go back and forth between them and change some drastic things

dynamesh, roughly 30-50k polies each

MoveTopo, ClayBuildup, hPolish, DamStandard, Inflate (to fix holes mostly)

this is one possible workflow to get a clean model from a clay style drafting sketch like those in my last post:

not every model needs this kind of approach but it can help with very mechanical features to properly seperate areas,
    this usually applies for man made objects which are very primitive in design due to our limited mind and hence more like symbolic representations of nature,
    hence need to be much cleaner and less naturally flowing the way our hands do sculpt, therefore should be created with precision and not belief in ones ability like nature allows us.

RETOPO:
    -manual retopo took about 2h, polygrouping edgeflow for crease action will take about 1h
    -retopo can be done automaticly by 3DCoat quite well too usually but not as accurate, even tho my retopos are weak they still trascend automatic ones usually
    -ZBrush ZRemesher gets nice clean topo but also smoothes a bit and the result has too many faces you wont need or want,
    -removing unnecessary edgeloops might be more annoying than retopo

-all retopos will need manual fixing due to your sculpting, the better the sketch the easier the fixing of straight lines and so on

-there are three different kinds of retopos,
    1. those that create edgeflow according to your models topology
    2. those that create homogenous quads for sculpting
    3. those that minimize points and end up with tris etc for minimum performance drag
    number 1 that offers optional number 2 capabilities is best for this here quest

POLYGROUPS:
    -do a polygroup for each flat surface to begin with to get nicely creased edges
    -auto polygrouping by normal is a hit and miss but can help on very primitive shapes like cubes, or as a base for further refinement
    -later, for polypainting, regroup your polygroups according to material instead of the creased edgeflow

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 ... LastLast