Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Glauco I kind of agree and disagree in a way with the previous posts. However, if you keep posting work like this, please don't stop. For me it is very inspiring to see work like this in a traditional medium. I love the fact that I can come in to this forum and see art in all sorts of mediums. At the end of the day art is just art. Therefore, thanks for posting man. Also, if you can sculpt like this in clay, I would love to see your digital representation and see if you can make it look as good or even better than your traditional ones. Thanks for posting man, take care.

after some months, I`m back with my latest models.

My first try on marmoset.
    It`s a mid res model with a z-remesher.
    Just wanted to play inside marmoset

Modelling practice based on a Darren Bartley concept
    http://cghub.com/images/view/738947/

Just finished this model based on a Riiick concept
    3ds max, zbrush and photoshop.

The head is realtime render from marmoset.
    Cheers

http://cghub.com/images/view/570927/

Amazing works Glauco ! congrats

Really good Glauco, congratulations.

Thanks guys, appreciated

here it`s a quick video about the beard sculpting and an image showing the maps + skin settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4c1dUxk2j4

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pass2.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	398831  

great artwork man

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Perplexed !

Quote Originally Posted by Tristanartform View Post
    Glauco, please let me be clear. I think your work is tremendous -- both the digital and traditional, and I enjoy seeing all of it. I am not bothered by your traditional works. Like you I work in both mediums. For me, this forum is specific to Zbrush and the serious associated workflows, Ie., Zbrush to Maya, Zbrush to Photoshop, etc. I never show any of my other works here, but that is just me.

For me, Traditional sculpture demonstrates the ability of the artist but doesn't contribute to the development of Zbrush as an art medium and while I can marvel at your technique, I feel that showing it here doesn't correspond to the purpose of this site. at least as I see it. That said, I enjoy when artists occasionally supplement their postings with images from other mediums, including digital. It just seemed to me that with repeat postings of traditional sculpture, the focus of this forum disappeared.

There are other forums online like Deviantart or CGHub (despite it's title) which are showcases for all things 2D and 3D and they are great forums I frequent. There are other forums dedicated to all things digital --CGTalk or 3DTotal.

This forum, for me is dedicated to a specific medium and is both a venue for artists to demonstrate their abilities with Zbrush and also for artists to learn from eachother how to improve on their own Zbrush skills. I just don't want that to change.

Maybe I'm too much of a stickler and the last thing I would want you to take away from my comments was any sort of criticism of your excellent work and tremendous versatility.

Whether or not anyone agrees with my point of view about this forum or not, I just want to make sure my intention is not misinterpreted. You are a very talented artist and I consider you a peer and I would never say or do anything to denigrate your accomplishments. I would just prefer this forum to stay focused on Zbrush work so we can continue to participate in it's and our own artist development.

T
    As this post from Glauco is an amazing expression of art i do not wish to contribute negatively - I will be honest - as an artist who uses many different mediums and cg software my experience is created by my ability to push myself and learn - if i close my eyes so i cant see something different or presume that its not necessary to my journey of learning then i would consider myself nieve.

As i was pleased to find Glauco's work and sketchbook posted here after following him as inspiration and friendly tips on rendering, i was so very disappointed to see such a rude sentence from yourself ( These are very nice but really have nothing to do with this forum. ) - somehow dividing - in someway filtering what you want to see here - i am perplexed by your statement and feel its actually offensive not constructive or positive in any direction. Please as a thanks to Glauco please post more of your work and personal expression here i welcome it. It is very relevant and is part of the process - I first found one of Glauco's sculpt's in google images there was one image i was blown away by, thinking it was digital i was like moving at high speed towards it trying to look at it up close and see it as a singularity - was it key shot - was it max / maya / cg ... No it was real and the lighting was Glauco's studio. So as a Zbrush user i want to see his work.

Kind Regards Sterling.

Thank you guys.

Sterling - thanks for the kind words Regarding the discussion that happened last year, I can completely understand everyone here. If I have something done in traditional that can help or relate with any of my digital stuff I`ll post it here, of course, but I`ll not use this thread to post everything I do in clay anymore, in respect of all members. If everyone start doing this this will become a mess.

Let`s move forward. I`m enjoying to be back with digital more than ever.
    Should post some of the professional work I`ve been working on lately soon.

Cheers.

Low poly Character that I`m working on my spare time.
    based on a Betty Jiang concept

Nice sculpt!
    Thanks & Best Regards!
    --------------------------------
    Diep Duongvan
    3D Artist - CG Sculptor
    Webside : http://dsculpt-studio.com/
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Dsculpt.Studio
    (+84) 946 235 508

Thank you.

Centaur sketch based on a Kekai Kotaki
    I`ve sculpted this guy on clay 2 years ago but wanted to make a digital version
    Keyshot render

K

Administrator Follow User Gallery

very cool piece.

2 aliens designs and highpoly sculpts for an Italian Videoclip

Tempi Moderni-Rancore n DJ Myke

Something that I`m working on with my online students

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast