ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #9 BUGS!!!!!

It’s that time of the week again everybody. Tonight in IRC, it was decided that the theme for the MNC will be Bugs!!! Now everyone talked and thought it not best to narrow down the type of bug. That will be left up to the artist’s interpretation of Bugs…like maybe bedbugs, insect type bugs, bugs bunny…etc…So it’s up to you how you want to proceed with your type of bug. So with that in mind…it’s time to bug out :+1: :+1: :+1:

Please note that under each pic put the following [Gallery Entry] so it can be posted in the MNC collage/gallery… :+1:

BUGZ :warning:

:small_orange_diamond:E

a postman caterpillar.
made from speres and cones.
edit:
i just learned i have to put
[Gallery Image]

Pic:

& model:
Z-Bug.zip

Well isn’t this interesting! I have been playing around with this little fellow for about a month, didn’t quite know what to do with him. When this challenge came up I finished him.

He is a genetically engineered bug, new species created to eat nothing but mosquitos. He and several of his peers are being incubated now and should be ready for release by spring. They are designed to mate and hatch very quickly, so we should have a realatively mosquito free summer! Yeah!!!

[Gallery Entry]

:white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square:

I really like the bugs that are entered so far. They are neat!

My first MNC entry and a first feeble attempt to figure out the fiber brush…

You Mac users prob. have no idea what this blue screen is all about. Lucky you! :slight_smile:

[Gallery Entry]

It’s your worst nightmare…

[GalleryEntry]
:smiley:
Superb images people.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

You right Mik !
Never drink a Tin without drinking glass !
But who makes that ?
Pilou

Couldn’t resist another, i’m sure the stats say you will eat at least 8 spiders in your lifetime while sleeping…

:smiley:

Oh man, that is my nightmare! I once had a dream when I was a kid that I was this English explorer in Africa, like out of an old Tarzan movie, and I came to a village, and the chief took me to a small hut, and inside were a million spider egg sacs of every sort, covering every surface, a foot thick.

I woke up thinking, YUK! Nightmare.

I went back to sleep and had the same dream, went to the same hut and looked in, and they were all hatched and every species of spider was in there crawling around, a heaving mass of eight-legged nightmares.

I woke up then, and I didn’t want to go to sleep after that.

A spider I started in ZB 1.23b 16 months ago:

well no sub machine gun strapped to his back but this will do… [galleryentry]

My first monday thing, and my first finished bug. :slight_smile: I’m glad someone suggested bugs! They seem just about the only thing I can make sofar. :smiley:

[img]http://mixelmagic.com/folio/3d/waspy.jpg[/img] [Gallery Image]

I was impressed by the other catepillar on the thread…so I had to try one of my own…

[Gallery Entry]

Some excellent images here already folks. :+1: :+1: :+1:

But Mik - I wish you’d stopped at one! That second posting really IS my worst nightmare, and I could have lived without the added commentary!

Your first reminded me of a few winters ago when I took a shower, reached for the towel fresh from the airing cupboard and received a sharp jab in the finger from what I took to be a needle that had somehow got caught in the material. Turned out to be a queen wasp who had found somewhere cosy to hibernate and was none too happy about having her sleep disturbed. Unlike bees, wasps can sting repeatedly, so as you can imagine, not the best companion to have when you’re standing starkers in the bathroom! :smiley:

Very nice bugs! (I have to look away from Mik’s though! :D)

Here’s my entry of the Strange Bug:

[GalleryEntry]

My first really high poly model (that isnt awful or a failed attempt at a human head) Excuse the ropey background…

I hope he counts as a bug… Umm… Yeah!

:slight_smile:

[gallery image]

How many bugs are we allowed in one challenge? hehe…

Hi Mixel
Welcome to this Forum :slight_smile:
You can make a lot of is you want :smiley:
It’s not so easy in a week :slight_smile:
You must just put after your each painting
[Gallery Entry] in your post or [Gallery Image]!
And I think you can post after the limit for integrate the Gallery :cool:
And I presume that the rule is the same than the french “Pierre de Coubertin” maxim :slight_smile:
Tell me is you don’t know it :slight_smile:
Pilou

Here’s a back ground (finaly) - The Black Widow :smiley: [Gallery Image]

[Gallery Image]

Ron Harris - that makes me proud that i inspired you. i like the pose of your catarpillar more. mine is too stiff.

how did you get the look in your image that is is like an oil painting ?