ZBrushCentral

MonteCristo's Work Dump

Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while as I've had a lot on the last 6 months. Consequently I didn't get around to posting my latest as quickly as I should have. Anyway, I really hope you like it. Big up ZBC! Here's the blurb: If Tomb Raider met Resident Evil 5 -- this was the angle I was going for with this re-imagining of Lara Croft. I'm a big fan of both of these titles, and really wanted to merge the two, just for jolly. In fact I started on the high-poly sculpt a couple of years back and as with many personal projects it kinda fell into the unfinished pile. It was annoying to have it there, and so in October '10 I decided to resurrect her in my spare time, finish the sculpt, and make the low-poly game character. She's around 24k tris, with guns at around 2k each, which should put her somewhere in the range of the main characters in Drake's Fortune. Not sure what textures they were using. Mine's got a set at 2048x2048 pixels. Normally I wouldn't put the guns on the same sheet, but I did this time around. Hope you like! ![01_LaraCroft_Portrait_a.jpg|954x1280](upload://vRLOzozxHV8O33yHkENioA1bpIS.jpeg)

Attachments

02_LaraCroft_Portrait_b.jpg

03_LaraCroft_Portrait_c.jpg

04_LaraCroft_TPose_a.jpg

05_LaraCroft_TPose_b.jpg

06_LaraCroft_Wires.JPG

07_LaraCroft_ZBrush_a.jpg

08_LaraCroft_ZBrush_b.jpg

10_LaraCroft_RigTest_a.jpg

11_LaraCroft_RigTest_b.jpg

09_LaraCroft_Max.JPG

This looks very good. The butt is a little bit bigger than I like - but hey, some people like a big booty. :wink:

Really cool! I really like the bright and colorful textures, really gives the model life, and you really captured the sexy and dangerous look. I also know that feeling of having an unfinished model laying around; props for revisiting it!

Wonderful character work, and beautifully presented - love the additional poses at the end :smiley: Five stars from me!

Heavy!
I like the model, would be nice to see it rigged & animated :slight_smile:

Really nice job

Webhead – Thanks mate. Yeah, I opted to keep this Lara very busty, as the original incarnations were. That said, unless the hips match the bust, this tended to give a fakey look to her, particularly with one who is so athletic. I wanted her to feel solid.

hoskins78 – Thank you very much. I do appreciate that! :smiley:

Nemes1S – Yeah, wouldn’t it though? Sadly, that’s not my area, so I’d rather not do a botch job. Of course I’d most love to see her running around in RE5. That would be awesome. Ho-hum. Never gonna happen. :rolleyes:

Great model! Whats the marking above her wrist? is it a scar, Was younger Lara a cutter?

Verde – Hehehe. No not at all. I’ve tried to put lots of story points on this character. I always imagined Lara going through the same kinds of thrills and spills as someone like Indiana Jones – and he always looked better when roughed up somewhat. Consequently, she has:

1x Scratch on cheek (Knife fight).
1x Cut to right eyebrow (Gravel chip - Climbing on back of moving bus).
1x Abrasion to wrist (Rope burn from short spell as captive held by lost Mayan tribe).
1x Support to old knee injury on left leg.
1x Bandage to elbow injury. (Falling from collapsing statue/locking mechanism).
1x Graze to right knee (Tackling escaping rival).
2x Cuts to legs (unarmed chase through forest undergrowth).

:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

That kind of thing… :smiley:

Wow, you really thought this through! Bravo for attention to detail. The smallest details always make the model more dynamic.

Excellent work MonteCristo

Wow, great job man!

Could you post some close up shots of the Zbrush model details?

Impressive Lara! great details all over the place :+1:

good!

This is very impressive! :cool:

Really nice work mate, you’ve got a good eye for detail. My only real crit is that your choice of colours seem to clash a bit, but then I’ve read other comments where people say they like the colours so that may just be a matter of taste.

Also I think that the head may be a little small but that may be a stylistic choice.

Other than that, A job well done! :+1:

And congrats on reviving and old piece, I’ve got a few lying around myself.

Nice work :slight_smile: You made a mistake with her braid, it’s twist should be upside down :wink:

Very cool!!!
I love Lara :smiley:

beautiful work :+1:

this looks sweet. any tips on using the Multi Map exporter for AO? When I try, the spread doesn’t seem to reach as far as I want it to.