Ken Brilliant Lesson 9 -- Transferring Textures

zbcimage.jpg

<center>
<hr width=50%>
<h3>Ken Brilliant Lesson 9</h3>
<h2>Transferring Textures</h2>
<hr width=50%>
</center>

Expanding on the skills taught in Lesson 8, we now move into an exciting technique: recycling your textures! You know how much work can go into creating a really good texture. Isn’t it a pity that you can’t use that texture on anything else?

You can!

In this lesson, Ken teaches an innovative technique that exploits ZBrush’s unique toolbox to the fullest. It’s an easy way to transfer a texture from one model to another. You’ll be amazed!

:small_blue_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :red_circle:Click Here to Download the PDF (676 KB) :red_circle: :large_orange_diamond: :small_blue_diamond:
Note: You must have Acrobat Reader installed to be able to view the tutorial after unzipping it.

Thank you, Ken!

In addition, we’re continuing the tradition of issuing a challenge to all ZBrushCentral members:

Use these techniques to transfer a texture from one model to another. Show us both models side by side, similar to how Ken did in the picture at the top of this page. Have fun with it!

We look forward to seeing your results!

<hr width=75% align=center>

Other tutorials in this series:

:small_blue_diamond: The Octopus
:small_blue_diamond: The Cactus
:small_blue_diamond: Membrane Curvature
:small_blue_diamond: Unified Skinning
:small_blue_diamond: MultipleMarker Skinning
:small_blue_diamond: Hard-Edged ZSpheres
:small_blue_diamond: Stylized Illustration
:small_blue_diamond: UV Mapping
:small_blue_diamond: Compositing

That is indeed a cool technique tip!

I don’t think I remembered to say thank you to both of you for the last one (it again took several days before I managed to find the server not busy to download the PDF - OK first time with this one today), so please take this as a double thanks for the pair.

I haven’t posted to any of the challenges because I haven’t had time to do anything worthwhile. But I have worked through several of them now and found them extremely helpful. I managed a skinny-looking cactus, a reasonable octopus, a mutant tree and a passable starfish - might not sound much, but I learned quite a bit along the way and have started to get the feel for ZSpheres and post-modelling on the adaptive skin.

thanks guys! These tutorials that Ken’s done have really helped me so much in learing ZBrush. More importantly, they’ve helped me understand ZBrush much more completely and now, gods and goddesses help me, I’m begining to “think” in ZBrush.

Thanks, again!

mr

Most excellent!

This needs to be bumped to the top row of images!

Wow…

This technique has other cool applications that makes Photoshop’s liquify filter seem downright LAME! :slight_smile:

Monkeyfarm,
you are correct to compare this technique to PS liquify filter. Here is a link to some examples of it used in a similar way
http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002684

I’m pleased these tutorials are useful. Special thanks to aurick for assembling them together in easily digested chunks.

Damn your dastardly shortcuts to hell! To hell I tells ye!! :wink:

Yet more brilliance. Keep em coming!

Excellent stuff indeed. Look forward and hope to see your tutorials in your own published book some day. :+1:

Thank you ! Just thank you :wink:
:+1: :+1:
I just read it … this is amazing !! zBrush offers so much opportunities i never thought off !! great !

Great to see Ken posting stuff again! :wink:

What about GUV tiling Ken? :wink:

very cool!

Thanks Ryan, not what I was hoping for but still, great new technique to learn :)…

Regards,

Mark Soon

Can you simply tell if Runescape is a great game maplestory powerleveling or not without you becoming a member? The answer to that would be, NO! Well you can make a few predictions about Runescape and see the moral of the game when being a regular user and not a member but becoming a member brings a whole lot of additions to Runescape that you would never see if you were not a member. Being a member of Runescape has so many benefits and I will try to list them all here for you. Runescape tells you them, but I’m going to detail it a few features for you here. runescape money