ZBrushCentral

how do you select

i cant select anything when i want to rotate or scale…

…help! :mad:

Take a deep breath! :slight_smile:

Okay, now, could you explain how you are getting to the point of frustration? What steps are you implementing before this happens?

Then we can help you.

Inhale…exhale… :smiley:

ok, here it goes

I was using the sphere 3d tool. On the transform panel it allowed me to move object, scale, rotate, or edit the object.
After editing the object by pushing and pulling, i wanted to shade certain areas,
if i deselect it i cant get back these options.

I must be missing something
:cool: :confused:

Hi Wicarus…Once you select another object ( Tool ), you cannot rotate, move or scale your first object any longer. To make it more simple - once you select a new Tool, you freeze the first object on the canvas. To get around this, 1st - you should save your objects often during the editing process & when completed, so if you want to change something you can reload that object again. 2nd - If you haven’t read up on Markers yet, please do. Markers remember where each object goes, the size & the rotation of each object, so if you have to reload that object again, all you have to do is load that object & click on the Marker you put on your canvas. It will then be automatic, or put that object exactly where it should go, the size of it & the angle. 3rd - When your ready to paint your object & keep it movable - you click the “Fill Object” button underneath the color bars in the “Color” window, that freezes the present color picked, to that object. Then you can select any color you want to use, turn off “Z Add” & select “RGB” in the “Draw” window, adjust your brush size in the same “Draw” window. After that all you have to do is paint your object, move it the same way you do for modeling & paint some more. 4th - If your refering to the “Shader” tool, then you cannot move or rotate your object after selecting a different tool as explained earlier. When I use the “Shader” tool, I wait till all my editing, shaping & rotating is done, then once my object is placed exactly where I want it, I use the “Shader” tool. I hope this helps some??? :slight_smile: Have a good one… :cool: Mark.

oh, i see

Guess i should look before i leap.

Markers you say…hmmm

Thanx for all the help.

ps… ill be back :wink:

Hey Wicarus,
You may have to invest a couple of hours in the first learning curve, doing some reading.

Check out Kurisu’s ZBrush Rocks tut HERE. (pretty detailed step by step)
Or the ol’ ZAcademy compilation may help…HERE
ANd I just made a newbie tutorial …HERE But you have to do the Basic modeling Tut from the Pixologic web-site first.
And I’m currently working on a newbie tut about the gyro and selecting objects. Comming soon…

Upham.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :slight_smile:

Hey Upham…I’d like to use some of your tuts, but the price - ONE CASE OF BEER - per tut, is a little too much for a poor strugling ol’chap such as myself. :smiley: See’ya later… :cool: Mark.

Righty, A glass of grog per page for you.
Upham.