Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Playground

A rule sign and a soft play flower piece made using ZBrush. A collaboration of Rainer Maria Schmidt (modeling) and Gerd Dagne(airbrush).
    We had a lot of fun making this for the kids. Together with a few other play pieces Zbrush allowed us to create a playground the little people love to use and abuse a lot.
    Ladybug-copy.jpg

Default Cool!

Great innovation! Good to hear from you again Lemo!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Art is the gift of the Gods
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.sentientgraphics.com
    www.jaystein.net
    www.facebook.com/jaystein777

Both pieces, but most especially the sign which is designed to display the playground rules, are VERY imaginative. Well done! And are they rendered in Zbrush in that image above?

No, both pieces are modeled using ZBrush, then cut in foam with my CNC machine and then coated and airbrushed. They feel like soft rubber so none of those small punks is injured while monkeying around on those pieces. The sign is about 50 inches tall, the flower about 3 ft long and proportionally high. Like a seat. The airbrush job looks really great. Test texture in Zbrush and then rendered by Gerd Dagne with an airbrush on the finished piece. Here is another piece, a ladybug. No wonder I had nightmares as kid after visiting playgounds hahaha.
    ladybug_small.jpg

These are really cool, I tried to make some play furniture a few years ago using a silicon rubber coating over polystyrene. They didnt really work because they dented! Can you tell me what kind of foam you used for these and what kind of coating they have on? I put the project aside for a while but these images have got me inspired to take it up again.

gorgeous work Lemonnado! Bravo!